Sausage, Gouda & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole is an easy breakfast. Packed with sausage and smoked Gouda, this biscuit and eggs dish will be a real crowd pleaser!
Author: Sandra McCollum
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 lb. maple sausage
- 16-ounce container of large refrigerated biscuits, open & separate biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese (or any cheese you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray 9-inch x 13-inch pan with cooking oil.
- Cook sausage according to package directions until browned, and then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Cut uncooked biscuits rounds into quarters. Set all of the biscuit dough on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Top biscuits with cooked sausage.
- In a small mixing bowl combine milk, eggs and ground mustard and whisk until well combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the biscuit dough and sausage. Top casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven allowing to cool for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!